1. Purpose, scope and users
Our Privacy Notice was last updated on September 22, 2023. This Privacy Notice describes our policies and procedures on the collection, use and disclosure of your information when you use the Service and informs you of your privacy rights and how the law protects you. We use your personal data to provide and improve our website. By using our website, you consent to the collection and use of information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
2. Collection and use of your personal data
2.1. What data do we collect?
Our Company collects the following data:
- Personally identifiable information such as your name and contact details.
- User data and cookies.
2.1.1. Usage data
Usage Data is collected automatically when the website is used.
Usage data may include information such as your device's Internet Protocol address (for example, IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you are using, your unique mobile device identifier, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile web browser you are using, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device.
2.1.2. Tracking technologies and cookies
Web beacons. Certain sections of our Service and e-mails may contain small electronic files known as Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, single-pixel gifs and web beacons) which enable the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity). Cookies can be either "persistent" or "session" cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you log out, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / essential cookies
Type: Session cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These cookies are essential to provide you with the Services available on the website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these cookies, the Services you have requested cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with these Services.
Cookies Policy / Notice acceptance cookies
Administered by: Us
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These cookies enable us to remember the choices you make when using the website, such as remembering your login information or language preferences. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences each time you use the website.
Tracking and performance cookies
Type: Persistent cookies
Administered by: Third parties
Purpose: These cookies are used to track information about traffic to the website and how users use the website. The information collected via these cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is generally linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the website. We may also use these cookies to test new pages, features or functions on the website to see how our users react to them.
2.2 How do we collect your data?
You provide most of the data we collect directly to our Company. We collect data and process data when you:
- Subscribe to our newsletter.
- Place an online order for one of our Products or Services.
- Fill out one of the forms on our website, such as an online appointment request, a service request, etc.
- Use or consult our website via your browser's cookies.
3. Use of your personal data
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Send you emails with promotions, about our events or news.
- Retarget you in terms of digital advertisements to let you know about other Products and Services we think you might like.
4. How do we store your data and for how long?
When you enter information on our website, we store it until you ask us to delete it.
Our Company would like to send you information about our Products and Services that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you can always unsubscribe at a later date.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us: [email protected].
6. Transfer of your personal data
Your information, including personal data, is processed at the Company's operating offices and at any other location where the parties involved in the processing are located. This means that such information may be transferred to and stored on computers located outside your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
7. Disclosure of your personal data
7.1. Business transactions
7.2. Application of the law
In certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests from public authorities (for example, a court or government agency).
7.3. Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in relation to the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Service users or the public
- Protect against legal liability
8. Security of your personal data
The security of your personal data is important to us, but please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Although we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
9. Legal basis for processing personal data
We may process personal data under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given your consent to the processing of personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: The provision of personal data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you and/or any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations: The processing of personal data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which the Company is subject.
- Vital interests: The processing of personal data is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another natural person.
- Public interest: The processing of personal data is linked to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority conferred on the Company.
- Legitimate interests: The processing of personal data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Company.
In all cases, the Company will be happy to help clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of personal data is a legal or contractual requirement, or a necessary requirement for entering into a contract.
9.1. Your rights
The Company is committed to respecting the confidentiality of your personal data and to ensuring that you can exercise your rights.
- Request access to your personal data. The right to access, update or delete the information we have about you. Whenever possible, you can access, update or request the deletion of your personal data directly in the settings section of your account. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us for assistance. This also allows you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Request correction of the personal data we hold about you. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Object to the processing of your personal data. This right exists when we rely on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for our processing and there is something about your particular situation that makes you want to object to our processing of your personal data on this ground. You also have the right to object when we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the deletion of your personal data. You have the right to ask us to delete or remove personal data when there is no good reason for us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data. We will provide you, or a third party chosen by you, with your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information that you have initially consented to us using or where we have used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with access to specific features of the Service.
9.2 Exercising your data protection rights
You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting us. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. If you make a request, we will do our best to respond as soon as possible. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, if you are in Quebec, please visit the Commission d'accès à l'information du Québec.
10. Links to other websites
12. Contact Us
13. How to contact the competent authority
If you wish to report a complaint or feel that your concern has not been satisfactorily addressed by our Company, you may contact the Commission d'accès à l'information du Québec.
Email: [email protected]
Commission d'accès à l'information du Québec
525 René-Lévesque Boulevard East
Quebec City, Quebec G1R 5S9